Cookie stuffed cookies...


Yep, I caved.  I've seen a number of renditions of these over-the-top cookies making the rounds over the past few months.  And I had some sandwich cookies going stale, so what better way to use them up?  I did use 100% light spelt flour at least and cut back on the sugar a bit.  I must say these were delicious though, especially slightly warm.  A wonderful marriage of chocolate cookie and drop cookie.  I'd make just the plain chocolate chip cookies with whatever add ins I feel like at the time too.  It's a great ooey gooey chewy type cookie.  The way I like my cookies.  You can never have too many cookie recipes.  (I used Back to Nature chocolate creme filled sandwich cookies because they are the only brand with ingredients that are okay for R.  I am in general, highly impressed with their product offerings, quality and ingredients.)  I did make only half a batch to limit the damages...  ☺

Cookie Stuffed Cookies
makes 2 dozen

1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
1 cup light brown muscovado sugar
½ cup evaporated cane sugar
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
3½ cups flour (light spelt or white whole wheat works great here)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1½ cups mini chocolate chips
24 creme filled chocolate sandwich cookies

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars together.  Add eggs and vanilla and beat until mixture lightens in color.  (A couple minutes.)  In another bowl, mix together flour, salt and soda.  Combine in three additions to the egg mixture.  If using spelt, stop as soon as the flour is just incorporated.  Fold in the chocolate chips.  Chill dough for at least a few hours.  Overnight would be great but not essential.  

Preheat oven to 350ºF.  Using a teaspoon or cookie scoop, form a ball of dough and squish onto one side of a sandwich cookie.  Add another ball to the other side and seal the edges together with your fingers.  Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes until golden brown.  Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to rack to finish cooling.

Remember these are actually two cookies per "cookie", so don't go hog wild and eat a bunch at once.  They sure are great with a glass of milk though!

I saw these most recently, of the many I have seen, on Very Culinary.

Comments

  1. Aren't they amazing? I had to get those out of my house quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They got rave reviews from friends. (I had to get them out of the house too... ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this blog is wonderful i like reading your articles. Stay up with the great work! You realize, lots of persons are looking around this info, you could aid them greatly work.
    World Best Online Cookies Store
    Buy Cookie Dough Online
    Online Bakery To Order Cookie Dough
    Delicious Cookies Dough Order Online
    Where Can I Buy Edible Cookie Dough
    Stuffed Cookies Delivery
    Cookie Dough Order

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to share these informative information with us. It was such a good and well written article that you provided to us. Have a great rest of your day and keep up these wonderful posts.
    World Best Online Cookies Store
    Buy Cookie Dough Online
    Online Bakery To Order Cookie Dough
    Delicious Cookies Dough Order Online
    Stuffed Cookies Delivery
    Cookie Dough Order
    Where Can I Buy Edible Cookie Dough

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I love hearing from you! If you have any questions I will do my level best to answer them for you.